Youth Coalition for the Consolidation of Democracy (YCD) registered with the Registrar General under the Trustees Incorporation Act of 1962 of the Laws of Malawi (CAP 5:03) registration number TR/INC/5854 is a non – partisan and non – profit making charitable youth organization initiated in October 2012 and registered in 2013. YCD is also registered with the Council for the Non-Governmental Organization in Malawi (CONGOMA), registration number C1078/2017. YCD is also registered with the NGO-Board of Malawi registration number: NGO/L/17/027. YCD has its Registered Office at Nchalo in Chikwawa District, Malawi, Sub Saharan Africa.
YCD aims at civic engagement in promoting inclusive youth and women participation in effective Democratic governance, Economic empowerment, Child protection, Sustainable livelihoods, Climate change, Disaster Risk Reduction, and Cross – cutting issues which include HIV/AIDS, SRHR, Gender and the Environment (addressing issues of deforestation and sustainable water management) in the districts of Chikwawa, Nsanje and Blantyre where it is currently operating.
A Malawian society where the vulnerable children and the youth are protected and
To protect and improve the livelihoods of vulnerable children, youth, women and disadvantaged groups through education, training, mobilization, economic empowerment and participation
YCD STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Child Protection, Child Crime Prevention, Rehabilitation and Awareness Building, with a particular focus on issues regarding the following:
- Child marriages, Child labour, Human trafficking, Street children; and Children who are in conflict with the law and those at a special risk of falling in conflict with the law
- Increased utilization and access to health services.
- Youth and women Empowerment through organized activities that ensure that the youth and women in Malawi are actively engaged to promote, protect and defend human rights.
- Civic education to the youth on responsible citizenship and good leadership that serves the common good of the people.
- Youth and women Skills Development that ensures that the youth and women have the necessary skills to engage in meaningful socio-economic development for their wellbeing in particular and Malawi at large.
- Youth and women Inclusiveness in all issues that concern the youth in Malawi.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Integrity, Commitment and Adherence
- Partnership and Tolerance
YCD KEY PROGRAM/THEMATIC AREAS
- Human rights and Democracy
- Civic Education, Health, Gender and the Environment
- Children and Youth development
- HIV and AIDS prevention, care, support and impact mitigation
- Climate Change